On the 17th of August Jönköping will host 13 Hills, the fifth time we turn our attention to all the beautiful climbs in town. 150 teams have registered for the ride and its time for some last info and preview of the hills. As a celebration we are back to our routes (!) at Cykelköket (The Bike Kitchen) at the Ödlan Block by Lake Munksjön.
Use #13hills to share your preparations and your memories for the day.
FRIDAY 16TH – PRE RIDE
Get your legs going with an easy ride to some of the most instagram friendly spots in Jönköping. After-bike at local beer tap will follow at El Duderino. Ride leaves Piren at 16:00.
Registration is open between 9.00-10:30 at the Ödlan, Syrgasvägen7. Be in time for sign-in and to sign your waiver. Last info 10:30
Half way coffee is open between 13:00-15:00 at Lillsjöplan, by lake Munksjön. Coffee and a treat is served.
SUNDAY 19th– Post ride Restart those legs with a ride out of town and back. Ride leaves Piren at 10:00.
– Who wins?
Although not a race, the team that collects all the stamps in shortest time from Start to Finish are first to finish the route. Only one team per category can be first to finish.– Do you have to follow the suggested route?
All teams are required to ride hill no.1 first but are then free to climb the hills in any order. The hills are to be climbed as per the suggested route, using suggested direction of each climb. Between the start of each climb you are free to use any route to get to the start of next climb. The recommended route can be downloaded from here!
– Do you have to climb the hills in the suggested order?
You can climb the hills in any order you like after the first hill, except hill no 4 & 5 which has to be climbed according to the mandatory loop explained below. The recommended route can be downloaded from RideWithGps.com Use the EXPORT-tab to find download options, most use GPS_TRACK as format.
– Will there be sportgrus(gravel roads)?
Yes. There is about 15 km of gravel to ride. A road bike will be fine.
– Where do we find the stamps?
At the start of each climb there is a marking on the road or pink ribbons to let you know you can go all-out. At the top of each climb there is a stamp hanging from a tree or street light, marked on the pavement or by a flag.
– Is the half way coffee break mandatory?
No. But who says no to coffee?
– Where do I refill water bottles?
The route passes several gas stations, churches and what not, fill up where you find it appropriate.
– Can our team use support car?
No showers but restrooms available, and possibility to leave bags there.
– Is there any where to park my car?
Yes, on Syrgasvägen.
– What about food?
A vegetarian meal is included in the starting fee, vegetarian option and food allergies available as requested.
– Are the roads closed for traffic?
The ride takes place on open roads. All participants are required to follow the laws of the road and respect all road users. Be careful out there.More questions?
Don’t hesitate to mail Calle at email@example.com and he will try to sort them out.
We all start by riding together to the first hill. Then everyone is free to roam the hills in any order except that.... everyone must ride hill 4 & 5 in a row, with a mandatory loop, just like the Postgirot.
1. Muur De Skinnersdal 1.6 km, Avg 7%, Max 19% – The mandatory first hill is no news for those who have been here before. The gravel hill is something to get your legs going.
2. Col De Bråneryd 0,8 km, Avg 9%, Max 26% – This short and steep hill has been featured before.
3. Alp De Uitsichten 1.2 km, Avg 7 %, Max 28 % – A new hill that leads the best view in northern hemisphere.
4. Alp De Norra Klevaliden 1 km, Avg 11,4%, Max 25,9% – The classic from Postgirot Open. Remember that the climb starts at Munkgatan and Postgirot loop ends by going to Ådalsvägen befor hitting the climb again. *
5. Alp De Norra Klevaliden 1 km, Avg 11,4%, Max 25,9% – The classic from Postgirot Open. Remember that the climb starts at Munkgatan.
6. Muur De Botarp 0,8 km, Avg 10,4%, Max 30,8% – A classic by now. A real wall.
7. Muur de Ebbarp 0,6 km, Avg 11 %, Max 20 % – Making its third appearance, the fan favourite Ebbarp.
8. Col de Labbarp 1 km, Avg 10 %, Max 18 % – The dark horse trail. A hidden gem.
9 Col du Odenberg 1,1 km, Avg 5,8 %, Max 17,5% – First time we take the forrest route to the top of Odenberg.
10. Col Sandseryd 2,4 km, Avg 4,4 %, Max 19 % – The long and winding road. A favourite for the weak.
11. Muur de Georgslid 0,8 km, Avg 12 %, Max 29 % – A wall. A door. A gate. A dark place.
12. Mont Taberg 1.2 km, Avg 7 %, Max 28 % – The monolith mountain with the expensive coffee place.
13. Muur Du Gunneryd 1,2 km, Avg 10%, Max 17% – And the last hill starts with a downhill from Gunneryd to bottom of this gravel road to get your stamp before you ride uphill again.
* Please get to know the loop below.
Feel free to download the recommended route from here.