– How do we apply?
You post a physical mail, not email, to Marcus Carlholt in Jönköping. There is an address to find. Write in Swedish or English.
– How long does the application have to be?
One A4, no more, no less.
– What does the application have to include?
– Team name
– Riders names
– One email address
– One postal address
– Team presentation
– Team goals
– A motivation for a charity that you think deserves half of all starting fees.
– When does the application close?
All applications must be received by 31st of March.
– When will we know if we have been accepted?
Teams that have been granted a starting spot will be contacted by 30th of April. The rest will have to wait. (There will be a reserve list)
– Can I complain to someone if we don’t get a starting spot?
– How many teams will get a chance?
We will only accept 25 teams, or a few more if the situation eases up.
– How much does it cost?
Teams granted a spot will have to pay 900SEK/team to confirm their participation. Half of the fee will be passed to the one charity that gets the best motivation from the applications.
And yes, this years hills and suggested route will be published one week before the event. Check below for more FAQ’s.
FRIDAY 13TH – PRE RIDE
Get your legs going with an easy ride to some of the most instagram friendly spots in Jönköping. After-bike at local beer tap will follow at El Duderino. Ride leaves Piren at 16:00.
Registration is open between 9.00-10:30 at the Ödlan, Syrgasvägen7. Be in time for sign-in and to sign your waiver. Last info 10:30
Ride starts 11:00, neutralized/master ride out of the city centre to first hill.
Half way coffee is open between 13:00-15:00. Coffee and a treat is served.
Last finish time 18:00 sharp.
Price ceremony 19:00.
Food is served between 16:00 and 19:00.
Although not a race, the team that collects all the stamps in shortest time from Start to Finish are first to finish the route. Only one team per category can be first to finish.
All teams are required to ride hill no.1 first but are then free to climb the hills in any order. The hills are to be climbed as per the suggested route, using suggested direction of each climb. Between the start of each climb you are free to use any route to get to the start of next climb.
– Do you have to climb the hills in the suggested order?
You can climb the hills in any order you like, after the first hill.
– Will there be sportgrus(gravel roads)?
Yes. A bicycle will be fine. Some might say that fatter tires are comfy this year.
– Where do we find the stamps?
At the start of each climb there is a marking on the road or pink ribbons to let you know you can go all-out. At the top of each climb there is a stamp hanging from a tree or street light, marked on the pavement or by a flag.
– Is the half way coffee break mandatory?
No. But who says no to coffee?
– Where do I refill water bottles?
– Can our team use support car or support that isn’t available to everyone?
– What about shower and bag drop?
– Is there any where to park my car?
Yes, on Syrgasvägen.
– What about food?
A vegetarian meal at the finish is included in the starting fee.
– Are the roads closed for traffic?
The ride takes place on open roads. All participants are required to follow the laws of the road and respect all road users. Be careful out there.
Don’t hesitate to mail at marcus.carlholt @ gmail.com